Are you ready for "Cinco de Drinko"?
Even though the holiday actually commemorates Mexican victories over the French, Cinco de Mayo has turned into quite the drinking holiday.
Here's a compiled list of some of the best places and Cinco de Mayo drink deals here in LA:
1. Red O -- This Cinco de Mayo, enjoy delicious Mexican food thanks to Rick Baylass’ Red O restaurant. The eatery and bar, with locations in West Hollywood and in Santa Monica will be offering Mexican specials all night long at the bar, as well as discounted beers, margaritas, tequila shots and Modelo micheladas! The Santa Monica location will start the party right with a DJ at 4pm, followed by more performances from 7pm to 10pm.
1541 Ocean Ave Santa Monica, CA 90401
(310) 458-1600 www.redorestaurant.com
2. Mercado -- From tromba shots to tasty guacamole and chips, Mercado has you covered for Cinco de Mayo in their hip, modern restaurant. Make sure not to miss the tamales with cheese and rajas, or the crispy carnitas tacos. For Cinco de Mayo, this popular Mexican eatery will be offering specially priced watermelon-basil margaritas, as well as $4 cans of Modelo, and much more from 4pm to 12am.
1416 4th St Santa Monica, CA 90401
(310) 526-7121Multiple Locationswww.mercadorestaurant.com
3. Cabo Cantina -- Cabo Cantina has multiple locations around Los Angeles to help you celebrate this fun holiday! This year, join this fun cantina for their Cinco de Drinko party, which will be offering Coronitas for just .99 cents! The beers will be available at this special price until they run out, so make sure to get there on the earlier side. Luckily for those of you that love this celebratory drinking holiday Cabo Cantina will be open earlier on Cinco de Mayo at 10am. The bar will also be offering a special draft beer station.
6669 Hollywood BlvdLos Angeles, CA 90028
(323) 366-2565 www.thecabocantina.com
4. Las Perlas -- Downtown L.A.’s Las Perlas will be starting their fun on Cinco de Mayo at noon! Yes, noon! Specials include $5 cocktails until 4pm, as well as tacos throughout the day, pitchers of margaritas, and buckets of beer. There will also be live music from 1pm – 4pm by Tres Souls.
107 E 6th St Los Angeles, CA 90014
(213) 988-8355 www.213hospitality.com
5. Shutters On The Beach -- Stop by this gorgeous hotel on the beach at 5pm on Cinco de Mayo for a celebration in their lobby! Chef Vittorio will be setting up a special chef’s station where he’ll be making fresh ceviche. There will also be plenty of different craft margaritas to sip on as well.
1 Pico Blvd Santa Monica, CA 90405
(310) 458-0030 www.shuttersonthebeach.com
6. Gracias Madre -- Gracias Madre is hosting their regular happy hour, but in honor of Cinco de Mayo, they will be serving up their Cazuela Cocktail that is big enough for two. The cocktail, which comes with El Charo blanco, mandrine, lemon, lime, grapefruit and yuzu bitters is more than worth the visit. Feast on Pinches Nachos Gordos with loads of guacamole, black beans, salsa and more while you sip on cocktails and listen to special live music.
8905 Melrose Ave West Hollywood, CA 90069
(323) 978-2170 www.graciasmadreweho.com
7. Big Bar -- Los Feliz’s favorite cocktail bar will be surprising guests with the return of their huge margarita for Cinco de Mayo. This huge drink which uses Mezcal blanco instead of tequila is enough to satisfy a giant, but thirsty drinks are welcome to sip on it today! The drink is just $12 also. Guests are also welcome to order up delicious sangrias, or their own made to order margaritas.
1927 Hillhurst Ave Los Angeles, CA 90027
(323) 644-0100 www.alcovecafe.com
8. The Bungalow -- The Bungalow at The Fairmont Miramar hotel is one of Los Angeles’ most popular places to grab a drink and socialize. So, it should come as no surprise that this Brent Bolthouse created spot will be joining in on the fun for May 5. The bar will be throwing a huge party with a performance by Mariachi Mi Jalisco. Eat tacos, nachos and more from the menu as you sip on many drink specials, including Michelada’s and more. The party goes from 5pm to 2am!
101 Wilshire Blvd Santa Monica, CA 90401
(310) 899-8530 www.thebungalow.com
9. Fiesta at FIG! -- Join Figat7th this year for a terrific Cinco de Mayo celebration from 12pm to 9pm! Free and open to the public, there will be live music from 12pm to 3pm, as well as $5 margaritas and $4 beers at an outdoor, pop up bar by Loteria Grill. From 3pm to 9pm, enjoy live DJ’s including DJ Tonearm, DJ Lee, DJ Y-Not and others. And, from 5pm to 8pm, join other guests for a make your own piñata craft event.
735 S Figueroa St Los Angeles, CA 90017
10. Petty Cash Taqueria -- West Hollywood’s hip Mexican eatery is throwing a Cinco de Mayo party all day long. Beginning at 11am, and ending at 1am, there will be plenty of cocktail specials, a DJ, and tasty food, too! Make a reservation though, as they are only allowing walk-ins after 5pm.
7360 Beverly Blvd Los Angeles, CA 90036
(323) 933-5300 www.pettycashtaqueria.com
11. The Wallace -- The Wallace in Culver City is putting together a fun “Fiesta AF” menu which will be available all night on Cinco de Mayo at the bar only. Offerings include cocktails for just $9 including Tommy’s Margarita with tequila, lime and agave, as well as a Mezcal Margarita, a Paloma with tequila, lime, and grapefruit soda, a Bloody Maria (tequila, housemade bloody mary mix and a michelada with beer, lime, and tomato. Cervezas like a Three Weavers Kolsch Ale, a Modern Times IPA, and more will be on special for just $5, too. Hungry? Eat fried mini fast food tacos, pork belly nachos, chips and salsa and much more.
3833 Main St Culver City, CA 90232
(310) 202-6400 www.thewallacela.com
12. Border Grill -- Join others on Cinco de Mayo at downtown L.A.’s Border Grill for discounted tacos (just $3.50 per taco), as well as $7 margaritas, and much more! As you eat, and sip on cocktails, enjoy great tunes from a DJ and more. The party starts at 4pm and ends at 10pm.
Union Bank Plaza
445 S Figueroa St #100 Los Angeles, CA 90071
(213) 486-5171 www.bordergrill.com