With stay-at-home orders still in place, many people have taken up cooking as a means of saving money and passing time. Here are eight basic tips I've adopted to help you make the most of quarantine cooking!
1. Try to separate your cooking into three stages: preparation, cooking and finishing. This will help improve your cooking flow.
2. Heat your pan before you start cooking. This will help prevent food from sticking.
3. Make sure your knives are sharp for fast, efficient chopping.
4. Adjust the seasoning in a recipe to match your taste buds. Start small, because you can always add more.
5. If you’re having space issues in your fridge, prep meals ahead of time. It’s easier to store cooked foods than raw ones.
6. If you decide to freeze food so it lasts even longer, make sure to label it with the date and contents.
7. Washing your pots and pans right after cooking will save you from having to scrub dried food later.
8. Make a homemade stock out of leftover vegetables and save meat trimmings for use in a different recipe
Try them out for yourself!