Uber is always making a few changes, which is something they do from time to time. Some changes are good and others bother me and that's exactly what's happening right now!
Here are a few of the new changes.
- If you take non-pool rides, your fare will be calculated at end of the ride; no more upfront pricing.
I kind of have an issue with this one! Sometimes if I see the price and it's TOO high, I might not take the Uber! Also, what's going to stop them from cheating me out of money?!
- Drivers can reject your ride request without penalty after seeing the time, distance and estimated fare
Now I'll never be able to get an Uber right during high traffic times or LAX
- You will now be able to schedule rides with "favorite drivers" after giving them a 5-star rating
This...I LOVE! I've had some amazing drivers and then I never see them again! But being able to have them again would be amazing!
- Those drivers can accept or refuse the rides
I feel like this is a dating app now and we didn't MATCH!! HAHA!! Burn!!! You think it was a great trip and then you realize they didn't like you back!
- Some Uber rewards are discontinued, including flexible cancellations for California users and price protection on routes
This sounds like the user isn't getting any benefits anymore. And apparently this is because of a new California law. This new law defineswho is a full-time employee and who is a contract worker. Many ride-hailing drivers have been fighting for that reclassification in order to get benefits, going so far as to seek class action status in federal court.