My fingers would fall off before I can type "thank you" enough for this info
Disney Parks Blog shared the recipe to make a batch of bite-size versions of the treat. “These past few weeks, we’ve seen many of you sharing Disney recipes and creating your very own magical moments right at home,” said Alex Dunlap, Disney’s Food & Beverage Communications Coordinator in the post. “This has inspired us to share one of my favorite recipes so you can continue creating #DisneyMagicMoments.”
The recipe serves four, so the whole family can enjoy the sweet treat while watching a “virtual viewing” of Disney’s Magic Happens parade or their favorite movie.
Here's what you need (courtesy of DisneyParks)
- 1 cup water
- 8 tablespoons butter
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ cups vegetable or canola oil
- ½ cup sugar
- Combine water, butter, salt, and ¼ teaspoon cinnamon in 1 ½-quart saucepan over medium heat. Bring pot to rolling boil.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add flour and stir vigorously until mix forms a ball. Remove from heat and let rest for 5-7 min.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and stir until combined. Set aside.
- Heat oil in medium skillet or 1-quart saucepan over medium-high heat or until temperature reaches 350˚.
- Spoon dough into piping bag fitted with large star tip. Pipe 1-inch strip of dough over saucepan, cut with knife, and drop into hot oil. Repeat until churro bites fill saucepan with room to fry.
- Fry churro bites until golden brown. Remove with slotted spoon or mesh spider strainer.
- Drain churro bites on paper towel.
- Mix sugar and ½ teaspoon cinnamon in medium bowl. Toss in churro bites until coated. Place on serving plate and serve with favorite dipping sauce.