Well this is gross and unusual.
This woman from Tokyo said the cause of pain was not a sniffle but a live worm that lodged itself inside one of her tonsils. According to doctors at St. Luke's International hospital, they removed a long black worm with tweezers after a patient complained of throat pain and irritation according to a case study.
The worm was 38 mm and 1 mm wide and was still alive after being retrieved from the woman's left tonsil.
It was identified as a nematode roundworm, which is one of the several parasites that can infect people who eat raw fish or meat!
Sometimes similar infections are caused by raw or under cooked meat.
Have you ever been in a situation like this before?